Job Title: Fund Raising Manager
Job Summary/Purpose: Support the organization to seek and respond to restricted funding opportunities – developing competitive funding proposals by coordinating bid teams and acting as lead writer. To provide assistance to the head or the board of the organization in identifying donor resources, raising funds and writing proposals for long-term organizational sustainability.
Funding Strategy & Positioning is Aligned to Programme Priorities:
- Contribute to a local as well as global, coordinated fundraising strategy, centered around organisational Objectives, Core Programme Areas and Special Programmes – when required participating in the Core Programme Areas and Special Programmes development processes (either as a process coordinator or a member of the core development team).
- Work collaboratively with wider funding team to help identify and plan strategies to position the organization with potential partners and donors.
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies, corporates and private corporations offering donations).
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organization.
- Assist the Board and/or External Consultants in writing concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission.
Online Research and Collaborations/Relationship Building:
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization.
- Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of the organization.
- Rapidly pull together bid materials (proposal, presentation, concept outline) that bring a project or programme idea into a concrete, fundable proposition including bringing out the Value for Money arguments, responding to donor/partner key interests, & being technically compliant, to ensure sound concept in line with good development practice and feasible delivery.
- Provide bid development for single and multi-donor bids.
- Manage and lead diverse proposal bid teams (bids got from external parties, partners, volunteers, technical experts such as Chartered Accountants and other subject matter experts, programme teams and external consultants as needed) to deliver highly competitive concept notes and full proposals for all funding sources (institutional donors, trusts, foundations, major donors, and the corporate sector).
- Ensure legally binding teaming agreements are in place with partners, and facilitate internal proposal risk assessment sign offs by senior leadership.
- Ensure Value for Money arguments and Theories of Change and Cost Recovery are clearly articulated in all proposals.
- Identify, collate and share good practice and learning around donor requirements and agreed programme portfolio.
- Maintain a website and regularly update it with information about organization’s work.
- Improve and develop communications material for the organization such as brochure, website, annual report, DVD, poster etc, in liaison with external experts/consultants/companies/agencies.
Independent Research and Income Generation:
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization.
- Assist the Board of Directors in developing business plans to generate income from various sources.
- Organize or provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the organization.
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization.
- Subject matter experts, research companies, donors, partners, regulators, beneficiaries, etc.
- All Departments.
Eligibility: Nepali Citizen
- Bachelors Degree in Social Studies, Finance, Economics, Developmental Studies or related field(s).
- Work Experience of 3 to 5 years in Multi-lateral, Bi-lateral, INGO, or NGO.
- Proven Track Record in Successful Proposal Writing and Fund Raising.
- Excellent Communications Skills both in Nepali and English (both written and spoken).
- Excellent People Skills.
- Excellent MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint Skills.